Monday, June 18, 2007

Vacation is...

A trip to the bank and the post office as the main event of the day

No dramas, crises, disciplinary actions, or bus duty

Stefano DiMera back on Days of Our Lives Would that the two Susan's would return- those were the days. But Bo and Hope defusing a bomb and Lucas fake punching a bad guy will have to do. Don't judge me. This is comedy at its surreal finest.

Dishes and laundry done

Uninterrupted knitting

An afternoon thunderstorm

On the knitting front-It's a boy- the future kimono wearer- just found out today. When I chose the color, I thought yellow would be neutral enough. Now, not so much. Some dark blue ribbon (WVU Mountaineer colors) might "macho" it up a little. Any thoughts? Do you have to "macho up" baby clothes? This is my first foray into that world.

Go see Ruth and knit or crochet a helmet liner. It will make you feel good and you might win a prize.

8 comments:

Yarnhog said...

Have you ever watched "Dark Shadows"? Now THAT is comedy at its surreal finest! It's a gothic, vampire soap opera from the 1960s (I think), complete with werewolves and butlers and ghosts and really, really bad hair and makeup. And clothes. It's sometimes on in reruns. If you ever happen to see it listed, you've got to watch!

sophanne said...

I haven't seen Dark Shadows as a grown up but I remember mom not watching it because it gave me nightmares.

sophanne said...

I didn't realize you could still find it- I'll be looking.

Anonymous said...

No judgement here - as far as daytime TV is concerned, the only English I get until around 6pm is Dr. Feel and Oprah. I'll go days without turning the TV on at all. Oprah is OK, but I think Dr. Feel teeters on the edge of exploitation.

sunshine said...

What a memory you have! I forgot that I didn't watch it because of you!!! I give you permission to watch it now, but if you get nightmares, hubby will have to handle it.

Olga said...

Oh my goodness, Dark Shadows. Now I'm dating myself but in the 70's when it came on all the kids would gather around the T.V and watch every afternoon all summer. That was the big deal for us. Then Star Trek came on a few hours after that. I think that show was before it's time, now I think it would be a big hit. And the Kimono could be done in more 'strong' colors like forest green or , I dunno, maybe grey with red trim aka EZ?

Gingersnaps with Tea... said...

Thanks for the comment. One of the ladies at my LYS described Kirsten Dunst as a "Box of Hair" it cracked me up so bad I've been using it ever since. Don't worry about "machoing up" baby cloths. If it's hand knit--trust me it will be loved and used.

5elementknitr said...

Dark Shadows. haha. I used to love that show. It is SO. CHEESY! I think they are playing re-runs on the Chiller Channel (257 on DirectTV).

I always thought yellow was the color of choice for gender neutrality concerning baby stuff. I think it'll be fin!

Thanks for the contest plug. I hope I reach my goal.