Sunday, June 10, 2007

on the lap

On the lap this evening, Sophie the Asthmatic Feline (with bronchitis and pneumonia) and another attempt at a postal bag. No swatching, no felting swatches, just jumping in, taking risks and going at it. Sophie's got another appointment at the dr.'s office tomorrow afternoon to make sure that she doesn't have some serious deadly viral thing that's progressive and will kill her in a few months. Just another day in the life.

p.s. did anyone notice on the June 9 post that I actually was waiting to cast on something until I "got gauge?" I think it's another sign of me becoming a "real" knitter. Also for the record, I considered a trip to the LYS to buy JUST ONE skein of something to see how I liked it. It didn't happen and I avoided the trip all together but once again I've discovered I have more patience than I thought I was capable of.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awe, poor kitty! We'll be thinking of her.

Yarnhog said...

I hope she's okay. I have never, ever bought just one skein of anything. I do knit gauge swatches, though.