Monday, June 11, 2007

on the road

Nigel and I are taking it on the road tomorrow- heading for Florida to visit the mom. (mine not Nigel's) Sophie is acting much healthier than she is and as long as she is having happy cat time, we'll do what we can. The greatest vet in the world today said, "you will do what's right for your pet, you're here, you care about her, you can't make a wrong decision." That was much more comforting than Saturday's vet who said, "x-ray! Blood Tests! Chest Tap!" Today's vet was much more compassionate and concerned about quality of life for Sophie and me. I'd want her around if I were on life support.


Husband Bob will be on his own for the week. He was practicing with his imaginary statue friend on Saturday in Pgh. Having no children generally means that pictures involve interaction with statues whenever they're available. Time to pack both clothes and fiber. Clothes are easy-fiber-not so much. I'll try not to pack the whole stash and not to double it while I'm away!

5 comments:

Yarnhog said...

I never thought about kids as photographic accessories. Does that mean they have commercial value after all? I LOVE that dog statue! (You'd have to see my enormous Newfoundland to understand how much.) Where is that?

sophanne said...

I'm not so sure about commercial value- I guess it depends on the kids : ) The dog statue is next to two really giant Musicians of Brehmen or something that looks like that on Liberty Ave in Pittsburgh. I didn't see any words about it.

Yarnhog said...

Thanks for the info. I wonder if I could get one installed in front of my house. The neighbors would love that!

Anonymous said...

Have fun in Florida! Nigel will insist on curling up in the front, passenger seat. I suggest blankets to combat dog hair. He'll sleep most of the way, but will wake up when it's dinner time. :)

He doesn't like it when we park too close to the semis at rest areas. He's a bit of a scaredy cat.

;)

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Don't you love a vet who just gets it? I'm glad you have that.

Have a great little vacation!