Saturday, June 16, 2007

Crack (me up) Saturday OR Postal #3

This post may be a little "picture heavy" given that I went without for 4 days. Crack (me up) Saturday is knitterly in fashion- I'm waiting for a few more participants before I share anymore of myself-get those 80's photos out there my friends-purge the memories by revealing them! This first photo is indeed postal bag number three- I swear I love this pattern (from Knitting for Peace) and someday I'll pay enough attention to the yarn I'm using to have a really fabulous felted postal bag. The purple Chatte Botte boucle from Good Yarn Karma felted fabulously. That which I thought was gray wool appears not to have been. Had I not lost some stitches during felting and put a purple row at the top of the bag (as I did for the handle), it might have even been functional. That first successful fully felted postal bag is going to be ever so rewarding.

Next, the fabrics of the summer dresses found at Burlington. They are fall colors, but I've never been the spring-y pastel wearing kind of person. Add a shrug to these and I'll be good through October- woo hoo! By then, of course I'll have several sweaters finished- what a relief.



And finally, the stash additions- never have I been so fearful of an airline losing my luggage. I learned a little about photo-taking this afternoon. Seems that I have a place on the camera to adjust the exposure. It's dark in my favorite little knitting corner. Increase the exposure and you get colors pretty true to form (assuming that your monitor agrees with mine.) You'll notice a finished pair of socks in the aloe yarn in the background. I've had that sock yarn for a year so bonus points for me for stash busting.


With all of this excitement and stash there are the inevitable WIP's planned in my head. The cashsoft is on deck first as a baby kimono There are big plans for the handspun I purchased from the fiber festival. Right before leaving I received my copy of Sweater Wizard. As with any new computer program with so many possibilities, I didn't see them all at once. A few hours on a plane made me realize that I can punch in the gauge/style/size I want the hand spun sweater to be and take off from there. The Central Park Hoodie is on the back burner, waiting for the right yarn and cooler weather. I've now plenty of yarn for a summer of socks while traveling to Seattle. Where several days ago I was mindlessly blundering through a postal bag and stash socks, the possibilities have exploded before me- yippee!

My new favorite food? Cold Stone Creamery's "founder's favorite."

The only thing that really cracked me up today? The male Delta flight attendant who pretended to have an Australian accent when he gave the safety speech.

4 comments:

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Love that Cherry Tree Hill, am dying to get some on my vacation in a couple weeks!!

Yarnhog said...

Your crack-me-up picture did, in fact, crack me up! I am on pins and needles waiting for a felted postal bag that works out. I'll be kind of sorry to lose the entertainment, though.
I think, technically, I did participate in crack-me-up Saturday today, since those pictures I posted of my son did make me smile. He's such a goof-ball.

Anonymous said...

Woa, that's some bag. ;) I'd post old photos of myself except that they're all still at my parents' house, safely tucked away. Shwoo!

Yarnhog said...

By the way--do you realize you've given a whole new meaning to "going postal"? (Snort!)