Wednesday, June 13, 2007

see saw sawgrass mill

Once again faithful readers, no pics and unfortunately no stories that can top yesterday's. Thanks a bazillion for the great comments (Carol, if you click on "comments" it will give you a box to leave them if you want to.) A.D.D.- I felt so popular with the "cool knitters" all day today. I like being "so damn funny"- it's a personal goal. O.k. I might not share all of that info in "real" life.

This morning's excursion was to Sawgrass Mills for some shopping. The requisite (in my life) vacation purchases were made- a leather bag (thanks mom!)- a cool ring- a remote control helicopter for "wife-sick" husband (apparently his imaginary friends aren't living up to their end of the deal) and some cotton summer travel dresses from Burlington Coat Factory.

A little bit more about me- I know enough about the cost of fabrics to HATE shopping for clothing. I know enough about the cost of yarn to know how much I can get for what I pay for clothes. In addition, my body is not really the size that I like to imagine it to be so it's always a bit of a harsh reality in the dressing room. In spite of all of these facts, I did try on and purchase some clothes today. The world can rest easy knowing that I won't be walkin' around nekkid any time soon.

Tomorrow will be a trip to the flea market (it's the kind where they sell new stuff that must have been stolen off the back of a truck as opposed to the kind that we have at home where they sell old stuff for a dollar.) Watch city my friends, watch city. After that another LYS.

The 3rd rendition of the postal bag made with chatte botte from Yarn Karma and gray wool that I don't know where it came from is nearing completion. We'll have a felting adventure by tomorrow evening. The knit goes on.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh I'm green with envy. I'm definitely hitting up Potomac Mills (same owner as Sawgrass) when I get back to DC. I barely buy any clothes here b/c people are so much taller than me on average.

Do you find that the styles are much different down South? Whenever I would visit my parents in San Antonio, I could never find anything that I could wear back East. Then again, Texas is a whole different playing field. ;)

Anonymous said...

Grandpa liked to visit the hispanic flea market, the one where they sold live chickens for sunday dinner. I always did wonder about the origins of the elaborate stereo systems being sold. I always bought cool clothes at the flea markets and thrift stores in Florida. They have the best eclectic selection of clothes.

sophanne said...

I can't really say if the selection is different- This is the first time I've shopped for clothes in ages. Just by what I've seen I'm guessing the Hispanic influence does effect the styles available (for both the good and the not so great)

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

I love outlet shopping although it's certainly become very corporate, hasn't it? Remember when outlets were actually a deal, now it seems like they just make crappier quality stuff and sell it at a slightly cheaper price...

Olga said...

All my clothes are hand-me-overs, I cringe when I see 50$ jeans and 75$ shirts. SHEESH. When yard sale season was going I saw yard after yard filled with clothes and I wondered how could there be any naked child in this world with so much clothing floating around.Well, I'll step down from my soap box now...

Yarnhog said...

Oh, Potomac Mills was my favorite shopping spot when I lived in D.C. In Philadelphia it was some-other-Mills (someone will help my failing memory, I'm sure), and I've been to Ontario Mills in California a few times, too! Glad you're having fun.