Friday, June 22, 2007

Loopin' in the burg

Many thanks to the web-site reference for this afternoon's adventure. Although there's no real evidence yet, they did help (given the amount of patience I could muster until I thought I could figure it out on my own) Who do I think I am? Let it be known that my regular not above average score on I.Q. tests is transfering something on paper into 3 dimensions. I think this comes from more of a lack of patience than lack of ability.

The first effort was at the figure 8 cast-on and a toe-up sock. The 8 is definitely cool though I kept losing stitches. I have also never done a toe-up on dpns so I checked out the next site and hoped that I could wrap my brain around something I sort of know about. One new thing at a time, says I.

I understand the top down concept and when on the loop have learned that it's pretty important to pay attention to which "side" you work on next, lest you end up knitting yourself into the inside of the loop.

A custodian at school shared this "country supersition" "If you start a project on a Friday, it will take forever." She said her dad NEVER planted anything on Fridays. Seems like a good idea to me. Wouldn't want to mess with that. I'm going postal.

2 comments:

Lydee said...

That's hilarious! And good advice too. Think I'll take a hint and not do anything else today!

Olga said...

I know that the toe up sock is suppose to be bags of fun, but, I just can't seem to make myself learn it. I always tell people I'm insufferably average.