- A 20 minute wait that was 45 minutes
- An additional hour before food was served (with a small basket of fries to “hold us over.”)
- A burger that was charcoal
- Refills (which this particular restaurant advertises as “their thing”) not forthcoming
- Macaroni and cheese with broccoli served ten minutes after the meal because broccoli was forgotten
- An adult size sprite in a glass for a child (with the waiter saying-I’m not going toahve to mop up later am I?)
- Water pitcher refilling an order of seltzer
Sunday, July 15, 2018
Saturday, July 14, 2018
Friday, July 13, 2018
The big guy and I skipped the concert in the park last night and went to the casino. We needed a break. There is a phenomena in dysfunction whereby the main perpetrator is angry all the time. No one else knows why. Everyone else takes responsibility trying to make it right. It may just be alcohol overload. It could be an unspoken affront. Maybe life didn’t turn out the way s/he thought it should. Whatever the case, I’ve found it to be quite a trigger. The good news is I am seeing it for exactly what it is and it is losing its power.
So in answer to questions in the comments (sunshine), I am having a good time because I try to do that wherever I am. Sometimes others around me join in, other times I visit the knit store or wander through the gardens to find people who will. Always there is greathusbandbob who rarely lets anyone get him down.
Last night an old man with Jimmy Durante eyes leaned in while I was at a slot machine. He said “excuse me, is that machine broken?” I replied "no, I don’t think so.” He said “It’s just that you seem to be winning.” Friendly Canadian humor at its finest.
Today was a walking tour through the gardens at the government house. It was nothing short of spectacular. Pictures never do these spaces justice. You’ll just have to allow yourself to step into them.