Monday, May 14, 2007

Waiting for birds to fall from the sky

I don't really feel compelled to blog every day but it's kind of gotten to be a habit. It's a puzzle for my brain to see if words will "fall from the sky" that I can turn into a post that will crack me up. This evening it happened while sitting on the porch. I don't always love gratuitous cat pictures on a blog but then... Sophie was stalking a bird as we patiently waited for hummingbirds. Bob said, "she wouldn't catch a bird if it fell from the sky." That imagery cracked me up. This first photo is her waiting for said event. The second is the cool aplomb she would walk away with after she missed it. The camera found it's way into Bob's hands. I can't believe how blue his eyes are-or how kind of creepy they look in this self-portrait (I did crop out the nose hairs) I'm all for a catchy caption if anyone can come up with one other than "Big Brother is watching."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I catch my B taking self portraits all the time as well. He always does it with these serious, passport photo-style, expressions - like mug shots.

I love the cat photos - our cat used to stalk grasshoppers that would get into the house in the summer. So awesome. He's not doing a good job of chasing down our mouse though.

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Wow, are cats are polar opposites--he is a 24 bird killer and small animal stalker....can we trade?;)

Faith said...

Fearsome Bob plus the cat makes me glad that you're well protected all the way out there in the sticks.