Monday, May 07, 2007

Lil Miss Fancy Swatch

Yea, so when all of my cool knitting friends at school say, "Hey, what are you knitting?" I've just been saying "I'm knitting Lil Miss Fancy Swatch."

Here's why that doesn't really work. No cool knitting friends at school. When they ask anything it's, "Is that knit or crochet? I have some of those sticks at home." And there's no real pattern (yet) called Lil Miss Fancy Swatch. And lately I've been reading more knitting blogs than actually knitting.

Jaeger Aran Tweed- size 5, size 6, size 7 (does anyone else just get a little tired of 7 working almost always? Seven, it's always Seven.) Then some 6 stitch cables, then some seed stitch, then something from vogue knitting (the bible-not the magazine) called a purse stitch. I kind of like it.

It feels productive to learn about the nature of fiber and what textures do to it. Today it's all about process.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I went through the same thing with that collinette point 5 scarf I made. I had almost more fun figuring out what I was going to knit than I actually had knitting it.