Tuesday, May 22, 2007

just in time for summer

This one should be done just in time for hot humid July. Think of it this way- I'm ahead of the fashion industry. Those fall items don't come out until August. This pattern is from the spring/summer 2007 issue of "knit it!!" and is actually modeled and made for a man. I made one ungauged in rowan summer tweed several months back. This one (according to my math) should fit better and not have a 58 inch waist. It feels snug but I'm hoping that some of that will block out and that I will lose just a little more pouch to make it wearable. Like any other knitting fool I will make no attempt to fix what the back of my mind sees as a potential problem and will instead, knit on, hoping for small miracles.

7 comments:

Yarnhog said...

Oh, yeah, 'cause we all know how often those small miracles come to pass. Don't worry, though, if you get lonely over there in denial, I'm sure I'll be joining you soon!

Anonymous said...

cute - cables! If you'd like to share your techniques for calculating gauge on cables, I'm all ears!

Anonymous said...

Wow, it's looking great!

sophanne said...

technique? calculating cable gauge?

Oh I eyeball it, works every time. (she says, pretending that it was something that she accounted for while calculating)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Wow, super cute. I love cables and Rowan as well, so your project has piqued my interest!

5elementknitr said...

Hey Becky, thanks for your comment! Yarnhog's tip is a good one, too... You just have to make very sure you are sticking the needle in all the stitches of the same row. Ask me how I know...

Yarnhog said...

Thanks for the FO karma for Sparkly (your comment). I think it worked! I'll keep you posted.