Thursday, May 24, 2007

$6.00 stash busting


I appreciate the cleverness of this stash-busting, money-making craft. I just couldn't see paying $6.00 for yarn remnants that I have around the house with some toothpicks, beads, and baskets added. While very very cute, this salesperson would have done well to charge a little closer to what s/he paid for said craft. The way I'm looking at it, it's about a 600% profit.

Right side of Rowan vest has 5" to report. With everything on a piece of yarn place holder, the size seems to be improved. In fact, (dare I speak it?) it almost seems to fit! I know, I know... the novice can dream. Happy Friday.

5 comments:

Yarnhog said...

Are those just little balls of leftover yarn in baskets? Why didn't I think of that?

Anonymous said...

are those real needles? If so, *they* could be worth $6. But they look a little short.

You know, this person's clientelle isn't composed of actual knitters. It's for people who *know* knitters. They say, "Oh Aunt So-an-so knits! She would love this." They don't know. It's brilliant in a way, but I wouldn't want one.

sophanne said...

The baskets are about 1/2 the size of my fist. The "needles" are toothpicks and the yarn are pieces that you cut off after you weave in the ends!

It is brilliant- and you're right about who buys them!

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

I feel that the concept is somewhat dubious--did anyone buy?

sophanne said...

I didn't see anyone walking around with them but they're kind of small. Maybe someone bought a bunch and hid them in their bag. Or maybe they went to the nearby dollar store and made their own for $.60. At least tomorrow's craft I didn't buy took a little more talent. Stay tuned...