Tuesday, May 29, 2007

simple square

This is 2/3 of a square. I'm calling it periwinkle. I am happy with this square because it does not feel like it weighs 1000 lbs. It has no future other than maybe some other squares attaching to it and becoming and afghan somewhere in the future. There is no pressure to complete it. My hands on the bamboo needles with this lighter than air handspun no longer have enough torque to start a 10 year old lawnmower. I may branch out and alternate between this square and a simple sock. (I can gaurantee that it won't be the Stansfield #10 sock-remind me why I decided to purl the foot instead of knit it) For now it is time to rest and enjoy some process knitting instead of product. Breathe in, breathe out.

3 comments:

Yarnhog said...

Oh, I hear you! After a sweater in heavy raw silk and another in hellish cotton/rayon, I'm all for my dk weight wool in plain stockinette!

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Yes, sometimes it's all about the process...

5elementknitr said...

So I was wondering. When you told your husband about the pythons... did you just tell him my story or did you actually start with, "Hubby, I think we need to call a vet?" and then do the bicep flex thing to deliver the punchline?