Thursday, May 17, 2007

just in case you're checking

So I guess after revealing those seven plus things, I'm feeling a little empty-headed. And yet I'm always so pleased when my favorite bloggers give me something new to read, I don't want to let anyone down. If I'm a favorite of anyone out there, this one's for you!

The best part of my day today was a comment from Sherri Gabbard on my Mother's Day Project post. She is the step-daughter of Marilyn and found my stitching by googling her step-mother's name. What a gift from karma to me.

One of my favorite things to think about is Dr. Masaru Emoto's work on the Hidden messages of water. Check them out if you don't know it, look again if you want to be amazed again.

Bob and I have an imaginary dog now and it looks like and has the same name as Jen's real dog Nigel-go to May 10 for a great picture. After getting him Bob promptly let him into the bedroom and on the bed. I heard an advertisement for invisible fencing for dogs this morning. This evening there was a commercial on tv for "HomeAgain" to keep track of your pets. I'm wondering if we need this for Nigel. I know this dog stuff is a little sudden and also a little bizarre but it's standardized testing week in my world and the blog isn't the only place I've been enabling. If school were an alcoholic, I'd be it's martyr. To get myself detached from it all, there is Nigel and the great laughing he inspires. On Wednesday a kid asked me how I was going to play fetch with an imaginary dog. (which is one of the reasons I wanted one in the first place.) Before I could answer, another kid said, "With an imaginary ball." Then Leah told me that my imaginary dog bit her and I told her she'd have to talk to my imaginary lawyer.

After a quick google search, I was relieved to find out that I was not the only person with an imaginary dog.

The end of the week is near, the Waynesburg Sheep and Fiber Festival begins on Saturday. There are 14 more teaching days left before summer vacation. All will be well. Just don't mess with my imaginary dog.

3 comments:

Yarnhog said...

Well, I, for one, am glad you took the time to blog. I always get a little thrill when someone has a new post--and, to be honest, a little annoyed when I keep checking and there's nothing. As for the imaginary dog, I have two real ones, and I think the best part about an imaginary dog is the imaginary poop.

sunshine said...

I have this whole office laughing about Nigel! Give him an imaginary hug for me!! Do you take him on imaginary walks? Are you losing imaginary pounds from all of the imaginary exercise you are getting? See, that is what you can buy me for my birthday!!

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Have fun at the fiber festival--and I never realized that you were a PA gal! (I live near Altoona...)