Thursday, May 03, 2007

Good Yarn Karma

So this afternoon was spent being "pretend principal" (others call it "head teacher") or more accurately, "the person to go to when the principal's not there." Yes indeedy- you can always count on a recess fight on a sunny day in May when beckyknitstoo is "in charge." Benson and Stabler would have been so proud of my interrogative technique. And here I thought I was wasting valuable time watching Law and Order reruns. I never realized what horrible liars 5th and 6th graders were.

As I drove home, my brain was full of cause and effect and how glad I'm only "pretend." When I checked the mailbox, there was a box of Maroussia by Chat Botte sent to me by "yarnfloozy" via the wonderful blog Good Yarn Karma It's a deep deep purple slightly boucle-y and possibly a little tired from the journey across the border from Canada. I have no doubt that once revived, it will be the perfect yarn for a second go round at the "V is for Victory" vest from earlier posts. And hey- this time I'll even swatch.


If you have not accidentally found this site- Good Yarn Karma, you don't know what you're missing. Many thanks to the people who had that stroke of brilliance as well as to yarnfloozy who was so quick in sending the karma- especially on a day when I needed it most.

2 comments:

Yarnhog said...

Thanks for the tip about Good Yarn Karma. They don't currently have anything I love, but I have some good candidates to post. As for the school incident, I'm convinced that people who work with kids get bonus points, especially on those tough days ("I never realized what horrible liars 5th and 6th graders were"--Ha! The only people who believe kids are innocent are those who've never met one. And I love them anyway.)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for mentioning us....don't forget we are always looking for kind hearted people to donate yarn they just don't love at the moment.....