Sunday, August 15, 2010

Knitting in Hibernation and comments on comments

All is not lost when stuck in the one room with air in the house.

This handspun (not by me) yarn is a little darker than it appears and I like to call it "tiger eye." I think it will match few rings that I have and that is about as matchy matchy as I like to be.



When it grows up, it's going to be Jane Goodall by Jordynn Jack (rav link) I've been taking a break from the Queen's Lace. This, if all goes as planned, should be a delightful autumn sweater. At the moment I'm in the black hole for another 10 or so inches. Then the fun will begin.

I am so grateful for comments on my blog- sometimes if I have the address, I'll write back directly. More often than not, I'm always sure to comment on that person's blog as a way of saying "thanks and I was here."

Sometimes I am remiss or I want to comment on comments and don't have the addresses I need or am too lazy to figure it all out. So what follows is a special comment on comments for those who I haven't reached lately.

@kmkat- thanks for pointing out the comment difficulties. I'm glad it's all working again. The Silky Wool arrived safely as did an errant ball of boucle. That cracks me up. Re: rhythm and brews- I didn't make it up- it's the name of a nearby pub. Actually- that's probably enough info to warrant an email but I didn't want you to feel left out.

@lisa- you should come to the yarn destash too- you might save Gina some grief. Also if you feel like it leave your email address (or click on mine and send me a note) so that I can write back to you. We're friends now- even if you don't have a blog. And now that I realize who you are when you comment, I will trust your recommendation for the Cooks Illustrated How to Cook library for your Kindle. Because before that I thought you were a spammer.

@yarnhog- you would keep your children before you'd keep your books- I know you better than that- oh. wait. I am talking to the woman with no less than 10! sewing machines.

@everyone wondering about the aunt. She's better. All things must pass. And she was really touched by your kind and thoughtful words on the Uncle Dick post.

@MountainMama- the books have already found their way to the used bookstore. Be glad- you would have just accumulated unnecessary clutter. I kept the good ones.

@ Sharon- "stitchjones" mymommadethis- I was TOTALLY thinking log cabin for that delicious yarn and actually bought the first Mason-Dixon knitting book to help me out when I bought the yarn. Can you believe I didn't have that already?

@Roxie- re the whole "nature abhors a vacuum" business. Come to find that I have so much extra "stuff" (someone please tell me how ONE successful jello mold turned into about 25 different jello mold pans) that the space that I'm making through culling is promptly filled with the "stuff" that was strewn about everywhere. And knitting in the dark was more better than the thought of connubial relations when it's 90 degrees.

Finally-

In January 2007, I posted a picture of my knitting corner here.

These pictures*




also give a slight indication as to my skills as a de-clutterer/organizer. I am proud to say that (at least for the last 3 days) my knitting corner looks like this:



The projects I'm working on are in the drawers. Babette The Two is on the floor because it's too big for the drawers. The nails lasted a month. We'll see how long this last!

*For those of you traumatized by clutter- it's not nearly that bad around here anymore.

7 comments:

flutter said...

I just really like you.

JelliDonut said...

#5 from you muttering list makes sense now. I hope your aunt is better.

I wish I had my own knitting space. I just sort of take over whatever area I happen to be in. Not good.

roxie said...

The tidiness is unnatural. The yarns will begin sneaking into one-another's drawers and getting up to no good before you know it. Loks nice for now, though.

Mountain Mama said...

It IS so nice when someone leaves a comment. Every so often, someone I know in real life will say, "so I read on your blog..." and I had no idea they were reading!

Anonymous said...

I was looking around for a skein of something fun to throw into the package and the the bouclé jumped up yelling, "Pick me! Pick me!" So I did.

lisa said...

I am such a clod at the internet....I should have realized that you cant write back if I dont have a blog too. I am Liann33@aol.com

And the Kindle cookbook is really handy to prop up in the kitchen!

Yarnhog said...

I am uber impressed by your clutter busting!

And have I really been reading your blog for three and a half years?!