Monday, August 30, 2010

I knit

It feels a little silly to me to post socks. When I knit them it's all about product- I want socks this winter. To me it feels like posting about making the bed. My friends at knit night really liked these. The yarn was a gift from 5elementkntr many moons ago- I forget the kind. The pattern is my standard r.1 k2p2- r.2 k



But as long as I'm photographing socks- here's the next pair. That Noro sock yarn is crazy pretty. I removed the gusset and heel turn last night after realizing that 21 was NOT half of 52 and am proceeding cautiously.



The Jane Goodall cardigan knitted in the tiger's eye color is soaking for a honking wet block. Note to self. Take more pictures in the basement sink.





The dog is wacky stupid because the deer love this tree. She's just a big old load of "Get Off My Property." They are shaped like cherries but they remain yellow. Quince maybe? I'm making that up.



Time to go flatten some wet wool.

For the record it feels like I'm walking around in the world with 5 or 6 ellipses between thoughts and the world is happening with none or one. That makes for a whole lot of "huh?'s" in my neck of the universe.

8 comments:

Sharon said...

for whatever it's worth, I enjoy seeing anything you've knit, even if it's "just socks". Needing warm socks for winter makes it no less special that you knit your own.

Not sure what kind of tree you've got there, but I don't think it's quince. Great big geek that I am, I'm doing a google image search =)

JelliDonut said...

"Just" socks? Silly woman--those are great!

roxie said...

Of course you should post your socks. You never know who will be inspired. They look gorgeous!

Cindy said...

LJ is not a "big" load of anything. She's just a wee bit of a girl. Your knitting is inspiring to me. I completely agree about the socks, but I could have sworn 21 was half of 52. We might have the same mental calculator;-P

Sunshine said...

Looking at your socks does inspire me to pick up the knitting needles again, but naturally, the kittens will have a heyday!!

staci said...

I LOVE sock posts! Projects that are both pretty and functional are the absolute best in my humble opinion!!!

Yarnhog said...

I love visiting your mental landscape. Especially the ellipses.

Carol said...

'Just socks'???!?!??!?!!! BLASPHEMY! Very nive socks. So there. Pbthththt