Thursday, January 25, 2007

Can We Be Honest?

Nothing has a place and nothing is ever in it. I have revealed the knitting cauldron at my side. If you look closely, you will see Noro Iro in the back once a sweater with elephant sleeves waiting to be transformed. In front some Topaz ginger and another color-who knows. The water bottle in the back and a model from the Sundance catalog wearing a cable sweater that I believe I can someday duplicate. Oh so proud of the needle case. A brief attempt at order. Needles askew as if it didn't even exist. Books, directions, some mohair I found in Portland Maine for $1 skein. How could I not?
My favorite blogger on the cover of the knitting calendar. Above the free printed pattern pages, honey sticks of various forms- just in case. Packets of nicorette that are "done." A garbage can by the knitting cauldron? I think not, something might accidentally get thrown away. This is my place. This is my space.

1 comment:

Yarnhog said...

HAHAHA! You're right--we would have been awful roommates! I'm a little bit a of neat freak, and the more stressed I am, the more I clean and tidy. College was a stressful time, and my apartment was spotless. Now I'm handicapped by family and pets, but still manage to keep things pretty clean. The important thing, though, is having a space that's comfortable for you!