Friday, August 20, 2010

MIA

Warshboard is complete.

Classroom is currently an exercise in minimalism. Warshboard is the centerpiece.

This whole back-to-work thing gets in the way of thinking blogful thoughts.

Do any of you know and remember the GRE questions about Biff wearing green, Julie and Louise owning an SUV and Lenny needing a hair cut and how can you get them all to meet in the shortest time possible in France?

I've been solving similar problems related to elementary school scheduling.

I. Rock.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh. #1 Son is taking the GRE in a couple weeks. Maybe I should send him a link to this post...

Mountain Mama said...

Rest and enjoy the weekend!

Mary Kathryn said...

I much prefer the question about all 7 dogs in the dog show and Buffy can't be beside Spot the biter, but Spot MUST be by his sibling Rover, yada yada. NIGHTMARES about that test, lemme tell ya.

Anyway, good luck with the kids and the minimalist approach. The latest thing I've been inserviced on (and yes, that is a verb) really makes sense in the world of less is more. I LOVE the warshboard idea, too.

I have such fond memories of my first few teaching years and the evenings spent doing what we all did. Wouldn't trade them.

roxie said...

I sort of enjoyed those because you could chart them out. Unlike math where things perform acording to laws of some other dimension and time-space continum.

Hooray for you! Your students will be lucky people!

Cindy said...

Did not take the GRE and it sounds like I was lucky. Minimalism is very zen, so your kidlets should be very centered;-P And, you do rock!!!

Debbie D said...

I think working in general gets in the way of blog thoughts.