Saturday, August 07, 2010

The winds of change are blowing in the wind.

That title? I don't really get it but it makes me laugh.

There is a certain desperation that comes when the vacation time is ticking down. A grasping for "new" while there is still time.

It's the only way I can explain the jello, the yarn, and now this-



I am the proud owner of a ukulele.

Last week Wendy at KnitandTonic showed a picture of Girlfriend playing the ukulele and had previously talked about Girlfriend's surprise at not being able to play it immediately.

Fast forward one week. The Claw (featured here) shared a video



of his good friend Kyler playing the ukulele. (If you sing Country Roads really slowly, it fits.

Then there was this-



Glen is a former student teacher and music educator extraordinaire. I trust his judgement when it come to new things. I'm also grasping at anything to help me look forward to a new school year. The serendipity of the ukulele could not be ignored. And it's so much lighter than a guitar.

5 comments:

JelliDonut said...

Have fun! I was thinking of dusting off my guitar this winter and taking some lessons. I hate that it's just sitting there.

Becky said...

A Ukulele!

You'll like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErMWX--UJZ4

Anonymous said...

We have a ukulele, we have to keep it hidden b/c the kids fight over it something fierce. Maybe we need another one?
When my husband was young he wanted to take guitar lessons. A ukulele was cheaper than a guitar. That's how we have come to own a ukulele that no one can play. Though Ken is now quite good on the guitar.

roxie said...

The only musical instrument I can play is the radio and th ei-pod, but now you make me want to take hula lessons.

Mountain Mama said...

Abiyoyo, Abiyoyo, Abiyoyo, Abiyoyo, Abiyoyo, yo yoyo, yo yoyo....