Sunday, August 26, 2007

sunday lessons learned

Set up and row one of Tangled Yoke attempted. This is going to kick my knitting ass. As of right now I lack the attention span required to make this look anything like it's represented on paper. I've set it aside. It's not hard. I'm just unfocused.

If you put garbanzo beans, lemon juice, tahini, and garlic in a blender, it's instant hummus. Yes, the last two batches were made using a mini-food processor-seriously slow and annoying.

Lesson #1 Just because you fly through the body, doesn't mean you'll jump into the yoke.

Lesson #2 How to use a Blender.

Likely none of this is news to any of you. I believe I'll maintain my status as intermediate novice knitter and "muggle" in the kitchen for now.

Socks anyone?

10 comments:

Yarnhog said...

I used to make hummus all the time when I was in college (cheap and high in protein, and my dad's an Arab--what can I say?)--with a fork and a mixing bowl. Talk about slow and annoying. The garbanzo beans are also much easier to mash if you first boil them for a couple of minutes, then mash/blend them.

Anonymous said...

What happened? Was it the pattern? Do tell, please.

Sue F
@ livestitch.com

carla said...

Mmm.. I love hummus.

I say put a lifeline in that cardi and show it who's boss. When you're ready, of course.

sophie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lydee said...

I'm secretly posting during school hours, shhh! Thinking of you on your first day. My day at "s" is fine. Divide (oh I mean knit together) and conquer your tangled yoke!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Carla, put in a lifeline. I love hummus.

sophanne said...

As I emailed to Carla- I can't believe I didn't think to put a lifeline in earlier. I'm such an idiot. Another lesson in slow and steady. At least with a possible solution I don't feel depressed and devastated. I'm ready to tink to where I know and then count stitches to be sure. What a relief.

THANK YOU!

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Yes, Lifelines are your friend with a project like that!

5elementknitr said...

La of JenLa told us this little trick. First, buy the KnitPicks Options needles. Then, whenever you need to put in a lifeline, you can slip the waste yarn in the hole at the bottom of the needle and knit it with the next row.

Note to self:
Must. Buy. Options.

5elementknitr said...

ooooh. "Comment deleted by author"
How intriguing! (Or it would be if I could remember how to spell intriguing)