Friday, August 03, 2007

In my brain

One of my "local hangouts" is the area's music store Kleeb's. They just got a giant fish tank in the store thanks to the Kleeb Grandson. I love that kid. I spent the day in search of African Dwarf Frogs to add to the tank. Have you seen these? They creep me out like crazy but in the way that you have to keep looking at them. I finally found one (after a three-hour search) and he has been named Squishy.

Annabelle the hunting cat expanded her repertoire and brought one of these home this morning. It did not enter the home (I got to the door in time) and GHB didn't let her torture it. I've got to believe that there was something wrong with it or else she is one AWESOME hunter.

While wandering the highways in search of the frog I heard KT Tunstall singing Big Black Horse and while I haven't done any extensive research, does anyone know what the hell this song is about? I just like the woo hoos. It feels kind of goofy singing the words and not having a clue as to what it all means.

Malabrigo Moeibus is pulling ahead- getting it back on the needles wasn't too tricky with those YO's after all. It is some seriously luxurious fiber. I'm starting to think that it takes a little working with any fiber before you can really appreciate the qualities involved. As in, I'll be sad when the second skien is finished rather than relieved to be done.

GHB is headed for his "hobby." If you're on the fence about posting tonight, remember that I'll be compulsively checking for new posts and will be there to read it! If I add too many more to my bloglines, I'll have to quit my job in August.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Bloglines is giving me the same problem, only I don't have the excuse of a job.

Haley said...

glad you were able to fix your knitting. sorry to hear about all your little kitty presents. one of my dogs is also a hunter and has brought me birds, moles, chipmunks, a rabbit, and a squirrel. luckily, either the animals are catching on or my dog is getting old--we have a lot less gifts these days.

Yarnhog said...

I'll be right there with you, clicking away and muttering, "Come on, people...I know you have things to say...it's been two DAYS already..."

Good thing I can always count on you!

Anonymous said...

That's cool how she samples herself on the fly! Got no clue what that song's about though.

Can't wait to see the mo. I still have dreams of malabrigo.

Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

Ok, that pic of Tony DiMera is just creeeeepy. I keep telling myself that the current storyline (Marlena possessed for 2 years, "exact replica island," etc.) is so ridiculous that I'm going to have to quit watching, and yet, I can't break free from the hold that Days has had on me for the last 20 years. That's when I get my best knitting time.

I remember when Emma kidnapped Kimberly and Shane's baby Andrew, for cryin' out loud.

sophanne said...

Penny- I remember those and blind Kim. My favorit though is when Susan was there- I can't remember her evil half's name-Marlena held hostage in the wine cellar. It cracks me the hell up!

Gingersnaps with Tea... said...

I ADORE African Dwarf Frogs We have three Paul, George and Ringo (Johm met with an unfortunate filter accident) I could watch them forever… and they sing! As if they could do otherwise.

Olga said...

We tried the frog thing- died within 24hrs.But they are cute little fellows. I read too many blogs too. Comment too much, sometimes three times on one post! but they are just so much darn fun!