Thursday, August 16, 2007

A cry from the bathroom- "Hey Honey?"

I just changed the toilet paper roll, there are plenty of clean towels as well as clothes to start the day.

"Yes?"

"Did you turn off the water?"

"No. (supremely annoyed that he would suggest that I'd do something so stupid.) I'm checking the a.m. blogs"

"The water is off. I just got my hair full of shampoo. Will you flick the switch to the well pump?"

"o.k."

a few minutes later

"Did you flick it?"

"Yep."

"My hair is full of shampoo. We don't have any water. Will you come help me?"

If the pump to your well stops working and you accidentaly forget that there's water in the dehumidifier, Giant Eagle Seltzer Water can substitute as a way to rinse the shampoo from your hair. It's best when heated in the microwave to take off the chilly edge.

The water came back on for the afternoon and stopped again around 7:00 pm. The plumber will be called tomorrow. Not sure if he's really a plumber or a well guy. All will be revealed.

Later that evening...

"We won't have water for coffee." says GHB.

Noble sort that I am, I said, "I'll run out and get coffee while you're in the shower."

"Very funny." says he.

"What?!" says defensive PMS-y me, resenting the fact that he couldn't see how thoughtful I was being.

"While I'm in what shower?" says he.

doh.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yuck, that is a major bummer!
Very noble indeed offering to head out for the morning coffee.

Haley said...

you sound like me. hope the well gets fixed soon.

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Yikes!!!

Anonymous said...

Damn that's a bummer. Hope the pump gets fixed soon.

Lydee said...

Aw, you were being so sweet, that is kinda funny, a good doh moment.

Oh boy, just think, you'll be home to experience "repair man world". I really hate being stuck at home to answer their questions. really, hubbies should be required to take the day off to deal with the repairmen.

YawnOver said...

I just went several days without a washer in order to ensure dh would be home to deal with the plumber. So 1950s, I know, but I highly recommend it for your sanity and general well-being. Good luck!

Yarnhog said...

Damn. Sorry to hear it. I hate being at the mercy of repair guys. Not as much as I hate not having water, though.

Anonymous said...

No water sucks. We are on our own well, too, and it goes out occasionally. Remember, there is a lot of water in the hot water tank, too. We survived an entire weekend like that.

sunshine said...

Hey, you can just pretend you just got through a hurricane and that you are a survivor!!