Saturday, August 25, 2007

recovering from being developed (CMUS)

So rather than continuing to rant on about the time wasted spent during the last 3 days, I did a quick search. Follow the links if you're interested in where "the Man" has been taking Lydee and I. Technology 2008 Preparing our students for a changing world and FISH!(based on the philosophy of the Seattle Pike Place Fish Market) Lydee- if you haven't had this one yet, it's coming.

As with all things, there is good to be gained if you are looking for it. Thanks to all for their 2 cents worth on the previous rant. Yes, yes, yes, say I.

And now for something completely different.



There's about 1 1/2 " until the tangled yokiness begins. The washing machine ceased to work the day after the well broke- Stupid$ear$ (don't get me started) is delivering a new one tomorrow. (I don't know when they started delivering on Sundays) With a week and a half of laundry to do, I'm thinking I'll maybe get to start a tangled row then. Knitting Spaz finished hers!

So that reminds me of a conversation I overheard from a couple that had been married for 50 years.

Her: you put the clothes in, you pour in the detergent, you set the button.
Him: That's all there is to it?
Her: possibly realizing that he might think she's been scamming him all these years Well, not really, but for you, that's good enough. There's the fabric softener, the ironing... etc. etc.
Him: oh.

MORE CRACK ME UP SATURDAY
kmkat has a beautiful eye-candy Friday picture of The Cape of Good Hope. I share with you one of the moments I captured in the same place.



Now everyone out there please pray that I don't have some sort of sleeping disorder which will cause me to burst into "nap" on the first day of school.

10 comments:

Lydee said...

I don't know why, but the baboon sign is funny!

Lydee said...

The tangled yoke looks good so far.

I checked out the links. The "Man" must have his pat speech memorized. Principal asked us in staff development what were our thoughts about "the man" and his speech. I said, "he did a good job of presenting the problem, what is his solution?"

Silence, then sarcastic laughter from P, "to attend one of his workshops."

Yarnhog said...

I guess baboons have a lot in common with teenage boys. I need a sign like that for my house.

Anonymous said...

The sign forgot to say that they have hideous red wrinkly asses! Let the tangled yokiness begin! That is knitting up really fast. Happy to say that my husband is the King of Laundry. Sometimes I have to tell him to stop because there is too much to fold.

sophanne said...

Yarnhog- do your boys have hideous wrinkly red asses?

Olga said...

No, not her boys! Her's do after washing all that dog hair....

Olga said...

I meant HER HANDS! HER HANDS!!!sheesh, I need hep tiping...

Yarnhog said...

Okay, okay. Enough with the hideous wrinkly red asses! My boys haven't had them since the diaper days--does that count? But I could tell you some interesting things about the body parts and sexual preferences of pygmy chimpanzees, if you're interested!

Anonymous said...

Yay for baboons *doing it in the road*! My then-16-yo son included the photo of them copulating in the road in his PowerPoint that he did as makeup for having missed 1-1/2 weeks of social studies.

Haley said...

hilarious sign! yoke looks great. you've been busy. i don't know about the technology one, but I read the FISH book and thought it had some really good ideas in it. anyway, hope your school year and knitting go well.