Friday, August 31, 2007

'Nudder Bunny

Where's Alice when you need her? She needs to head back down that rabbit hole and tell them to BE-WARE. Anniebellum brought home another live one and plopped him on the floor. (Mind you, she has to squeeze between about a foot and a half of screen door and sliding glass door to do this.) She is dedicated.

This time GHB was home and after very explicit and repeated instructions (as in STANDING AND STARING DOES NOT COUNT AS DOING SOMETHING!), he managed to get cat away from da bunny. Wanting to try something new and maybe not scare the bejesus out of the bunny chasing him to the door, I picked him up and walked him outside. He was the size of my fist and I fell in love with him for 3 minutes and then I set him free.

Last night 1/2 row on TY. It's not so scary with a lifeline. And a vest with a center cable in "Allergic to Wool" bulky yarn (cotton and some shiny stuff) on size 13's. I need some instant gratification after those teeny cables.

The Plan? I am giving myself a blog-reading "time-out" either tonight or tomorrow morning. It's really ridiculous to spend more time blogging about knitting than actually knitting. (This is what happened on Wednesday.)

This just in... Yarny Old Kim has the coolest pictures on the planet on her web site today CLICK HERE!

4 comments:

Yarnhog said...

I have the same problem. I'll be sitting on the sofa, reading blogs, and the next thing I know, my free time is gone and I haven't done any real knitting. But the need to knit so I'll have blog fodder of my own generally forces me to get back to the knitting. Is this sick, or what? Knit to blog, blog to knit...

Tammy said...

I hear you on the blogging thing. Maybe I'd finish something if I spent more time actually knitting!

Anonymous said...

The solution is to have some computer knitting going on all the time -- something mindless that you can knit without looking at it much. What that is depends on the knitter, of course. Pretty much all my knitting falls into that category :)

Oops, gotta pick up my red scarf. Can't waste this blog-reading=knitting time!

Anonymous said...

Tell me about. I just spent the last hour & a half reading knit blogs instead of knitting! As much as I enjoy reading blogs and doing posts on my blog, taken all together, ti does cut into the actual knitting.