Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Good News- Bad News

The Good News is...

Your classroom floor has been waxed and shined.

The Bad News Is...

Please don't put anything on it for 24 hours. We have to buff it.


Good News: Laptop and data-projector for your classroom

Bad News: NO INTERNET ALL DAY. SERVER BLOWN! Oh, and by the way, this laptop's to old to handle either Google Earth OR your Ipod

Good News... Mildly intersting National Speaker in quasi-dark conditions (What? That's good news?)

More Good News... Time to work on the pie shawl and feel like I'm not really at work.

Even Gooder News- the package from ChickenLips arrived today. ChickenLips or not, she knows how to send a prize ( I could take lessons) Stitch markers (the first I've ever had that weren't plastic), the Vogue Shawl book- I've been SO thinking about and looking for what's in this book. It almost makes me want to "frog the pie" (Now those words make me laugh) and of course, the fabulous Kona Cotton yarn. Yards and Yards of it.

Knit Knight last Knite (I'm seriously wondering how many misspellings of that there could be.) I accidentally bought more yarn in between finishing sleeve #2 and trying to figure out the directions for the next step. It's some bulky "I'm allergic to wool" brand cotton/rayon blend but I like it's chunkiness and color. As always, it was just a great place to be.

But sophanne, you ask, "Where are ALL THE PICTURES" we don't want to have to read the dumb words. And I'm telling you- it's too hot to leave the air-conditioned room so they might have to wait until I don't feel like I'm drowning in the air that I'm breathing (it's not the gauge, it's the humidity)

5 comments:

Yarnhog said...

Besides, if you take your knitting outside in that weather, it could experience spontaneous felting, and we wouldn't want THAT.

Today was the first day of school for us, too, and our renovations continue in full force. Chaos. Absolute chaos.

Olga said...

Are you enjoying that yarn that was SUPPOSE to be moi? Make some thing pretty . Frog the pie-hee hehe thats good.

Lydee said...

How funny, art teacher and I may be friends, she blogs too, so I'd better watch what I rant about. Wished I could knit yesterday. Sat next to Jocelyn, made things better.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I had a speaker for the county in yesterday as well. I also knit in the dark... are you in the same school system?

sophanne said...

Bob Dagget Leadership Initiative will blog more about him later.