Monday, August 13, 2007

Quantity vs. Quality

It seems the 'burg is planning another reason to close High St. I'll be skipping this one but would be remiss not to inform the blogging masses.

Thanks for the great lunch ideas. There are enough to keep me from being too depressed about packing a lunch. I'm looking forward to trying them. GHB, feeling left out of the blog the last few days suggested that maybe in an alternate universe someone is looking for what the worst things to take for lunch are. I think he called it BoogerLunch.

When I "cook", it's really not cooking. It's more akin to the way I got a C- in high school chemistry. Let's just try some stuff and see what happens (it would have been MUCH worse if I hadn't had the valedictorian as my lab partner.)

That being said, I gift you my own new favorite breakfast recipe:

One mashed banana, a generous handful of oats, some squirgees of honey (the kind in the bear container) and a couple of tablespoons of crunchy peanut butter. Mix the first 3 ingredients and then mix in the peanut butter. Too much peanut butter ruins it (even if you love peanut butter enough to get married to it.) Eat with a spoon and a LARGE glass of milk. I haven't named this delicacy yet. I've got to wait and see if it catches on. Maybe don't look at it while you eat it because it looks really really gross.

Finally- 3 more inches on the Tangled Yoke. If I keep posting with progress, I'll continue to be delusional encouraged about whether it's going to work.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Healthy! It is kinda like fruit and granola but not quite. I will not be trying it, I can't handle mashes banana.

My vote for worst lunch - soggy sandwich, when the tomatoes or cucs leak into the bread. YUCK!

sophanne said...

I'm thinking it's a lot like anyone's favorite cookie only without the actual cookie part.

Yarnhog said...

Rotten cottage cheese is the absolute worst thing to take for lunch. Especially if you take a big bite before you realize it is rotten. Take it from me. I haven't been able to eat cottage cheese in almost 20 years.

As for your breakfast special...I don't know how to put this gently...maybe you shouldn't hold out too much hope of it being the next Egg McMuffin.

sunshine said...

I sure am glad that you didn't discover that breakfast when you were in Florida. It would have meant a very quick trip to the IHOP.

Lydee said...

I think it sounds good because it sounds like the no bake peanut butter cookie thing I sent you with banana added to it. BTW, my husband's family loves the nobake peanut butter cookies with crunchy peanut butter and protein powder.

Anonymous said...

That sounds tasty, but yes, I'll bet it looks gross. Maybe call it, Breakfast Barf or BoogerBreakfast of Champions.

Olga said...

Oh yeah, nothing would get me to spring outta bed faster than the thought of having Breakfast Barf waiting for me! YUMMY!gak. I think I will stick to my 3 or 4 cups of coffee and surfing blogs for my nourishment. ok, sometimes a donut too...

Quail Hill Knits said...

The breakfast "recipe" sounds like it would taster better than it looks --- might be something to try out on the kids on our next boat trip. They are always complaining that the wave action makes it too hard to eat cereal. This might be a solution.