Monday, April 16, 2007

Two cool projects- one itchy hand

I found a "homespun" recipe that called for aspirin "paste" applied directly to the bite. It took a little sting and swelling away. This is much better than it was on Saturday. At school today the kids asked if I was going to become Spiderman. If the amount of aggravation this has caused is any indication, I'm going to be Amazon Spidey Woman.


The purple project is the top down raglan jersey I swatched over the weekend. I am quietly excited- though I am guessing something will happen and I'll have to take it all out for one reason or another. The sock is Tofutsi yarn (I feel like such a yarn snob- I never really know what anyone means so much when they put the kind of yarn out there- I don't get to browse much) and while I don't love knitting for other people so much, Administrative Assistant's Day is just around the corner and I bet I could have these finished by then. I'm leaving the standard sock pattern and going for a 4-stitch pattern in Schurch's "Sensational Knitted Socks."

Knitting is like an algebra problem with an infinite number of variables. I think I've been a little more realistic in putting these two problems together. Perhaps the last few flops had too many unknown variables... yeah, that's it.

1 comment:

sophanne said...

an update- the stupid dumb mistakes are in the sock that will be frogged. Apparently a pattern of 4 stitches over two rows is more than I can handle.