Wednesday, April 25, 2007

She's Stylin'

The socks were a big hit. The tops seemed a little big bulky but in a good way. The feet were a perfect fit. When I pick up stitches after I've turned the heel, I usually use a crochet hook and then transfer the stitches to a needle. When it was time to do this, the crochet hook that I had was larger than the #2 dpns. Thus, if you look closely you'll see larger stitches where the two connect. I noticed this of course, after the first one was finished. Rather than taking it apart (given the deadline) I decided that if I just did the same thing on the other one, it would be like ankle-air-conditioning. No one even noticed. This was the first knitted gift that wasn't requested and didn't feel like an obligation. It felt really nice and they were fun to make.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congrats! They look great - and I don't see any uneveness at the heel turn OR ladders. They look awesome!

Did the recipient know you knit? Was curious what the reaction was.

sophanne said...

She did know that I knit- even better, she crochets and has a great appreciation of each stitch:)

We also had a conversation several months ago how sometimes it's hard to knit/crochet for other people (in a selfish way) so she really appreciated them.

I think I won "the prize" for best present, upstaging the principal who decorated the office like she was at the beach. It might have been close if the chaise lounge actually could be used during the day.

Anonymous said...

Awww, its so great to gift a person who understands the craft and how much time it takes to make something by hand. They look good on her. :)