Saturday, April 07, 2007

Another Diversion

I guess the only way this relates to knitting is that it was inspired while listening to a podcast while on my way to meet my knitting friend. I was listening to the weekly podcast of NPR Books and heard a book discussed that was written in honor of the well-loved bears, bunnies, and blankets that adults have hung on to long after their usefulness. They were referred to as "First Loves." The authors actually had a photo shoot for the first loves in the book and many stories for each. I'm a little cloudy on the stories of these two first loves (comments are welcome for those who are old enough to remember) but after hearing the podcast I thought the least I could do for them was give them a photo shoot.

When you're a teacher, former students are going to die unexpectedly. It doesn't matter how many times it happens, you just get full of sad for a day or a thousand. I'm glad for the chain of events that led to this photo op. Poopsy Woopsy can still give a little comfort.


3 comments:

sophanne said...

nice frankenstein neck, mama!

sunshine said...

Poopsie was given to you when you had a splinter in your finger. Uncle and Aunt (who you were not too aware of) came to pull it out... They brought Poopsie with them. He was your love from then on! Very strange, that the blanket came from the same family. Hand me downs from a nephew. It was only supposed to cover your bed while you were away from it, but you wouldn't hear of it. To bed it went!!! I miss seeing Poopsie Woopsie and I am glad you have posession of the blanket!

sunshine said...

such good memories of another time!