Sunday, April 15, 2007

Knitting Adages OR where the mind goes when you're waiting for the swatch to block


A watched swatch never boils.
A Swatch watch never boils.
A blocked swatch never coils.
She who knits first, laughs loudest.
Don't count your swatches before they've blocked.
Swatches like visitors stink after 3 days.
Blessed are the swatchmakers for they shall inherit the earth.
All swatch and no knit makes Jack a dull boy.


I'm certain I have not explored these adages to their fullest potentials. Please feel free to add your own.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Into each day a little swatch must fall.

Anonymous said...

A swatch a day keeps the dr. away-

sunshine said...

A blocked swatch is a many splendored thing!

Unknown said...

Way to be a smarty-pants with your puns! I usually go with the dumb phrases like "swatch it to me!" but adages are so much cooler.

sophanne said...

One good swatch deserves another.

Okay- I have to tell the truth. I posted as "anonymous" so that it would look like there were comments.

sophanne said...

Swatch unto others as you would have them swatch unto you.

sophanne said...

Into each life a little swatch must fall.

sophanne said...

Evidence indicates that both George Gershwin and Jimi Hendrix may have been knitters and their famous hits were once known as "Someone to Swatch Over Me" and "All along the Swatch Tower."

Ok- the benadryl overdose is beginning to affect my thinking- I curse the spider that bit me.