Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Dare I speak it?

Knitting is not the only art. There. I've said it out loud. It's the first step. The rest of my art experience has become unmanageable by my knitting obsession. While I'm not ready to toss in the yarn for scissors and glue, I must admit, I miss the other stuff. Time was when scissors, glue, some felt and some glitter were all I really needed in the world to keep me happy. Add a little colored tissue paper and I was home free. There are several excellent blogs promoting art for art's sake that I sneak a peek at every now and then. I have occasionally been known to check in on one blog where the blogger sews something almost once a week- as if it weren't really a major life altering project.


I post this now, along with a picture of my vast "stash" of supplies of art stuff for art's sake in the hopes that I will revisit this post and remember that when my hand is cramping and I wake up with crinkled arthritic fingers, I do have other options.

1 comment:

Faith said...

What a super idea to motivate yourself! I always feel a little guilty looking through my fabric stash, like it's a friend I haven't called in a while. Guilt is such a great motivator.