Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Backseat Gaming and Why I love it.

The plot to Sly Cooper moves much more slowly and is even less interesting than any repeat of Law and Order. Much more focused knitting time.

When you hear a big noise, you look up and quickly know whether to say "oh no honey" or "good one honey."

It's like going on adventures and missions in the comfort of your living room. Especially handy when it's cold or dark outside.

When the "heroes" die, they come back to life.

Every now and then you find yourself yelling "R2! R2! R2!" and someone is really glad about it.

The background "music" is not something you'll hang on to- it's sort of underlying repeated soothing spacey music- even better than the weather channel.

You don't have to watch the same news on tv over and over and over again.

It's like visiting another planet.

Time and socks fly.

They're easy to step away from at bedtime.

You are happy knitting knowing how happy the player is playing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

we don't have a consol at the moment - we got rid of the playstation and game cube when we moved overseas. I've been lusting after a Wii since December, and never got one b/c they're still impossible to get in Europe. Now we're moving back to the States, so I'll wait some more.

I actually like to PLAY games, like I really love it. However, several of us watched our friend Dennis play the first Silent Hill all the way through in one all nighter back in the day. It was awesome, like watching a choose your own adventure book.

I take turns with my husband making our way through 1 person games. Knitting sounds like a great thing to do while I wait my turn.

sophanne said...

I used to play along when we had the two Simpsons games. That was before I started knitting. Husband is so much quicker at mastering the "skills" that I'd rather just watch. Last night Sly Cooper felt like a Wii game- He was jumping all over the place! I can't imagine an "all-nighter" I bet that was fun.

I look forward to the yarn substitution post-

Miss Bea said...

Hi Sophanne! Thanks for your comment and the encouragement! I like Wendy's blog a lot too. The list of blogs I read daily is steadily growing, there are so many interesting knitters out there!

Knitting while someone else is gaming, that's a tune I know very well. I like to do both myself, but I'm still working out the logistics of how to do them both at the same time. ;)

Cheers!