Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Hope Springs Eternal

After some blog cruising of late, I've seen many many daffy-dils. None however had any sock yarn growing in them. Yes, as reward for some housecleaning (including the evil ladybugs) and in mourning for the pricey bag (which the LYS owner says to keep shrinking/washing until you can't see the stitches anymore) I purchased a sure winner in 2 skeins of sock yarn- this particular brand includes soy and shrimp shells. It was slightly pricier than if I had ordered on line but you can't get instant gratification on-line.

And, true to the title of this blog, where but in the heart of an intermediate novice knitter can you find such hope in the next finished piece? I spotted some perfectly matching buttons for the Spring Flair. I have about 20 more REALLY LONG rows until I think the body will be done. The sleeves are much like knitting socks, so if the body fits, we're home free. If it doesn't there will be a whole lot of frogging going on to the point where it's too small and then I'll try again. Unless of course this occurs a few rows after the collar in which case I will proceed to make some socks.

An update on the visit to the vet- all is well, however Sophie has been prescribed an antidepressant for anxiety- I told you it was a psych visit!

1 comment:

sunshine said...

Poor Sophie! Is that the one who brings you the rodents? Maybe you should be happier with her when she does these things. Obviously she feels her job is not being appreciated!