Saturday, January 26, 2008

Why yes, I DO knit

Amidst all of of this meme-ing and tagging and cmus-ing, it strikes me that a little knitting content would not be inappropriate.

First up- "The Grinch." My first designing attempt- the sleeves are on the needles. Ann Budd is guiding me through this.

I was tempted to change the name to "Let Sleeping Dogs Lie," as most of it has been finished after puppy is asleep on the lap. This is the tv/couch knit. Right now it's moved from process to product. I want to wear it and I'm still naive enough to believe I might make a sweater that looks the way it did in my head before it came into being.














Second- Wicked #2. This is the handspun I bought at the Waynesburg Sheep and Fiber Festival last summer. I believe it has committed itself to a pocketless long-sleeved Wicked and am hoping for the best.










The knitting in my head is much too vast for one post but:

After yet another 6 stitch error on the go at mangled joke, it returns to time out. Recognizing that I suck at reading charts I wrote out the row pattern. I felt a lot more relaxed while knitting it but the results were the same.

I bought some fingering weight hand-dyed "Dark and Divine" from ChickenLips/Stitchjones/Mymommadethis and am thinking about this pattern as recommended by Sharon but I believe it must simmer for a little longer.

There is some Lorna's Lace waiting to be frogged and tried again in the Print-o-the waves stole. The fearless knitter button on my sidebar is really there as a reminder saying "hey- you Can and Will read Lace Charts before the Year Ends."

I'm still frogging every sock I start for one reason or another. There must be a reason it's called the SUMMER of Socks.

And now back to our daily ridiculousness

8 comments:

flutter said...

I love that you bought some D&D isn't it gorgeous? I am just making a simple ribbed scarf with it.

*psst* come see my new place...

Anonymous said...

Love the title of this post...

Virtuous said...

LOL! I do believe you own needles now! Haha! ;op

Nice progress and I hate having to put WIPs in time out (got one begging to come out now!)

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Haley said...

lovely knits. keep up the good work!

Lydee said...

The grinch looks good. I really like the leaf pattern you're thinking about. That would be really pretty.

Lydee said...

The grinch looks good. I really like the leaf pattern you're thinking about. That would be really pretty.

Kim said...

The Grinch is wonderful! I love green. Have you tried using Post-it tape when you read a lace chart? Me love it.

Mary Beth said...

I hope you are reading your odd rows from right to left & the even rows left to right. That was my issue w/ charts. Like Kim,I also like keeping a post-it under the row I'm doing. Grinch is very pretty. It's funny how the design-it-yourself bug finally hits us all after a while of knitting. Way to go! Hmmm, time-out for wips is too funny. I just throw mine into triple lock down & forget them when they don't cooperate after torture & interrogation. I am a medieval dungeon keeper & not much of a modern, disciplinarian.