Thursday, January 24, 2008

Full Moon Update

Signs that the full moon is having an effect on your husband. He chants "Purl and Puck, Purl and Puck" on the way to bed. When questioned about it he says, "Isn't that what you do with those two sticks? Purl and Puck." (Damn, why didn't I say Purl and Poke and let him have it?) I said "It's knit and purl. What is Puck? He said "I made it up."

I looked away for a second or two (to find that Yarnhog's jumped on the CPH train) and he calls my attention to him again with both hands nearly up one nostril saying "Uh, honey, can you help me?" and promptly pulls a giant chewed piece of nicorette gum from his nose.

That moon is beautiful but I'm glad it's waning.

9 comments:

Debbie D said...

Don't know why but that reminds me of the time my husband was sound asleep on the couch while I was watching T.V. All of a sudden he yelled out "MARSHMELLOW" in his sleep.

Lydee said...

ROFL!!!!!!!!! They're going to take me away, haha, to the funny farm....

Anonymous said...

well, at least it was nicorette and not a cigarette.
I'm anxious for the full moon to be done too, it's messing us up too.

Yarnhog said...

Well no wonder people have so much trouble quitting smoking! Who wants to stick chewed gum up their nose?!

Kim said...

LOL! Puck and purl and pick! I've never tried to chew gum with my nostrils before.

Anonymous said...

I am greatly affected by the full moon. I love everything about it, and it really makes me feel interestingly energetic ;)

Diane said...

I think your full moon bad luck is over. Congrats you won my blog contest! Drop me a note with your address to needlegirl2001 at yahoo dot com.

5elementknitr said...

Maybe he sneezed and the gum shot from his mouth into his nasal cavity? Maybe the gum, while in his nasal cavity was pushing on his brain making him chant mysteriously?

Btw, tag, you're it!

Carol said...

We all purl and puck
to make lovely knitted things
when others say "what"?!