Saturday, January 12, 2008

A New Game

I'll post my answers (not guaranteed correct as they came from some goofy internet timeline) to yesterdays Smarter than a 5th Grader on Sunday night in case any of you are wondering how you did.

Today however, is a new game I made up for myself. Remember the song "Man of Constant Sorrow" from O Brother Where Art Thou? (most recently that is) If I were going to write my own theme songs, one would definitely be "Sophanne of Constant Worry." So I made up a game called "Before I can do that."

Good reason says, don't worry about what's going to happen because it never turns out that way anyway blah blah blah. BUT, actually moving from out there to now is not always so easy. "Before I can do That" helps that process for me.

A mental example- "oh man- I'm the chair of a safe schools meeting on Tuesday morning and I don't know what we have to talk about. Before I can do thatI have to go to school on Monday. Before I can do that I have to go to the grocery store on Sunday. Before I can do thatI have to finish this blog post. Before I can do that I have to finish this sentence." You get the idea.

Today it's an adventure to visit the Aunt who broke both her shoulders. Puppykins is going with us. Let the adventure begin.

6 comments:

sunshine said...

she will love puppykins!!!

flutter said...

an adventure indeed!

Yarnhog said...

Both her shoulders? I hope she's not a knitter. The first thought I have whenever I injure myself is always, "Oh, no! Will I still be able to knit?" I'm sure puppy will cheer her up. It's what they do best.

Mag said...

Argh! I have shoulder problems and I empathize entirely with Auntie.

Honestly, the "Before that" game sounds like more worrying to me.

I play the Alfred E. Newman game, "What, me worry?"

Carol said...

Both shoulders broken???? oooh, that's gotta hurt. Hope she heals up quickly and well!

Anonymous said...

My oldest son, age 23, is quite the traveler and adventurer. Dysentery to the point of hospitalization, being held up at knifepoint, living in the jungle/rainforest among the rebels in Chiapas -- he's done it all. Whenever someone brings up the idea that I might be worried about him, I always reply, "I just can't think about that." And I don't. Not to mention the fact that before I can worry about all the things that could happen to him next month, I need to worry about how I have to clean the bathroom tomorrow :)