Sunday, January 06, 2008

an adventure?

Not so much. I was going to make up a story about how we went to an exotic land where we couldn't understand the language. Husband wanted me to put a freak snowstorm in it. It also involved a bazaar haggling over mysterious bargains with peculiar merchants.

What we really did was go to Gabes for some shopping and a late lunch at Old Mexico.

I appreciated the suggestions that I go yarn shopping. Options are limited when you live in the 'burg, so I did the next best thing. I found "The.Perfect.Bag" for my dpns and short needles. Mind you I have the really cool needle holders from Joannes but they're so organized and cumbersome. I present to you this week's Perfect.Bag.

There's a post a-brewing on the very concept of The.Perfect.Bag, but I have still to gather my thoughts. Is this quest a terminal condition experienced only by travelers and knitters I wonder? Oh the bags I have to share.





Puppy news- today she joined me in the shower. Is this gross? Is it an opportunity for puppy wash time? What's the appropriate etiquette? Should I have asked these questions prior to fessing up? Also the latest keep puppy occupied trick is a thin layer peanut butter spread along the inside of the plastic peanut butter jar. (realized after giving her the last of the peanut butter.) ONLY if this causes certain death do I want any warnings. This gave me 45 minutes of quality blog time.

10 comments:

Throws Like A Girl said...

Hee hee! Another trick to try - we used to fill Chloe's Kong with treats and then cap it with peanut butter, then freeze it. Kept her busy when she was younger.

Lydee said...

Peanut butter works!

Our cat joins us in the morning during baths. She likes to sit on the edge of the tub and dip her paws in the water...and she comes when we call her. I always did think she is weird for a cat.

Anonymous said...

Not so weird... my cats love our shower, and are always in the bathroom when someone is taking one. Only one tries to get in with us though.

FairyGodKnitter said...

I second the Kong thing, they can buy you lots of time and the peanut butter id fine for the puppy. We keep a jar labeled dogs in the pantry.
My dpns go in freebie makeup cases that E. Lauder gives away but I like your stylish one.

Anonymous said...

If showering with the dog is gross, then sign me up. Actually, I've only done it a couple of times, but my mom does it regularly. Wait, does that make us weird. Don't answer... :)

Kim said...

Nothing wrong with a dog in the shower. You're killing 2 birds with one stone. That is a great bag for needles. I am a total bag ho.

Deborah-- said...

Absolutely nothing wrong with the puppy in the shower. This is how I bathed my dogs! Makes it much easier because you are gonna get wet if you give them a bath outside with a hose. BTW...very cool bag!

Sarah said...

I'd say if puppy wants to come in the shower and be clean, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it!

Yarnhog said...

I also use the peanut butter in the Kong trick to keep the dogs busy when they're a little stir-crazy. Works like a charm, although the slurping noises can be a bit nauseating. Peanut better is also the easiest way to give a dog pills. Just put some on a spoon and tuck the pill into it.

When I had a small dog (40 pounds), I used to bathe him when I took a shower. Now that my dogs are nearly as big as I am, it's a little too...canine-erotic?

Angela said...

Both of our cats have had shower fascinations at one time or another. When he was a baby, one would come into the shower and hang out and so long as he was not touched by the stream of water. My other cat often waits for me when I am in the shower. Often, I will open the shower curtain to find him sitting on the (closed) toilet seat or lying on the bathmat. Sometimes when I am shaving my legs and I put my foot up on the edge of the clawfoot tub, he will stage a sneak attack. (Because the edge of the tub is so high, he can be hiding under there and it makes me jump every time.)