Saturday, January 19, 2008

knitday- hooray

It was a knitting machine demonstration at the Knit Shoppe. Mark loves his knitting machine because it makes quality knitted fabric quickly and creatively. I'm glad he loves it but I am not a convert. I love knitting because it makes my hands happy. The knitting machine reminds me of ironing. I might end up with not as many and not as high quality knitted items but it takes a different person than I to love a knitting machine and that's what makes the world an interesting place. The whole concept and mechanics of it were cool to see. If I had to knit for profit, it would be my tool of choice.

Also a part of the day was an extra few hours at the LYS. ( I offered to do a demonstration on green next Saturday but there didn't seem to be too many takers.) I started a top down lamb's Pride pistachio green earflap hat (called Thorpe from some undocumented blog) and it should be a quick knit. It will also match my mittens (which required moderately successful post dog-nip surgery)

One other lesson learned was that if you're not much of a meat eater because of the whole cow thing, veal parmesan might not be something to order for dinner no matter what the waitress says. Did you ever accidentally order crawdads (also known as crayfish, spoondogs, or yabbies if you're Australian) because you love seafood and you didn't know they would show up on your plate with their heads attached? That's kind of what the whole veal experience was for me. There weren't any signs of former life other than the pictures in my head but that was way too much. No veal for me.

Wednesday is the beckyknitstoo blog-o-versary. Reading Wendy Bernard's Knit and Tonic is what started it all and once was the only knitting blog I read until I figured out how to find the others through the comments- I give myself an "A" in Blogging Year One for the "must please the teacher" part of my personality.

2 comments:

Lydee said...

happy blogversary! so glad I have your blog to read during these dreary winter months. Wrap yourself up in green and think spring thoughts.

Yarnhog said...

Happy blogiversary! You always make me smile. You're the first blog I check in the morning. You were also one of my first readers and I'll always appreciate that.

I feel the same about knitting machines. They're cool, but I knit because it's quiet and slow and I can do it anywhere with just sticks and string. If I had a knitting machine, I would undoubtedly become a compulsive product knitter, and that just wouldn't be good for anyone!