Wednesday, January 09, 2008

kkkkkkknnnnnniiiiittttt nnnnniiiiitttttteeeee

I have no creative compositional technique for this knit night post. But it was great and then a little bit better.

Claire and I have made plans to go to the Pittsburgh Knit and Crochet Festival. If you check out the link, tell me what saturday a.m. thing to go to. If you're going, I'll have my Ravelry button that says "Sophanne."

There was also some discussion of getting a Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival posse together. Woo hoo!

KNQ Debbie Cut. Her. Steeks. RIGHT IN FRONT OF US! I watched someone cut a sweater. A very colorful stranded knitting sweater. When she finished I shouted "What They Say is True!" Nothing unravelled.

In just the way they say you can't hold space, you can't find the Buddha, so it is with knit night. Once you put words to it, it becomes something else.

ALSO!!!!!! Hooray for SnuffyWump and her Beautiful Smelling Soap that was a Prize. (Capitol Letters are my NEW favorite thing.) It is delicious. If you haven't before, do go visit her blog. She posted about high school freshman Kyrin (DD?) who wrote a letter to the author Tom Robbins AND he wrote back. Thanks Snuffywump!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I will be going to the Knit and Crochet Festival. I am taking the combination knitting class on Sunday. And the Maryland Sheep show is so fun wish I could go this year, but as of now I am not working which equals no money.

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Have a great time at the K&CF--sorry I can't recommend a class, I am terrible at that sort of thing as I either want to do all of them or none of them!

Kim said...

I'm going to MDSW with my knitting peeps! Maybe we'll finally get to meet in person. Enjoy the K&CF, it sounds like fun.

Sharon said...

For some reason, the title of this post made me think of the movie "Caddyshack".

Fiber fests are always fun. Have a wonderful time! Buy lotsa yarn and show us pics of it!