Sunday, January 13, 2008

Crate in the van.
Emergency bag packed including
-puppy pad
-food
-water
-interesting puppy toys

Thoughts to self. This looks like packing when mamas take babies somewhere.

Notice anything missing?

Change of clothes after puppy gets car sick. I was holding her on my lap. Just 20 minutes earlier (before the pit stop) I had been protected by the fleece jacket on my lap. When we returned to the car, I knew there was a good reason for that, but not knowing what it was, decided it was too warm.

Puppy has good taste- pukes only on the best- that would be the Malabrigo Wicked worn to show off knitting skills to temporarily disabled aunt.

Lost? The L.L. bean jeans that are my "comfort jeans". Well not really lost just bi-colored thanks to well-meaning Mr. Sophanne who thought the easiest way to clean the pants was with a window squeegee at the gas station. Come to find that seems to rub it in. I did not let him go this route on Wicked and it is blocking now. It needed to be blocked anyway.

Won? The hearts of the nursing home/rehab residents. Lil Liza was on her best behavior and one wheelchair bound woman who appeared to suffer from delirum just petted and laughed and petted and laughed. I think I know what our summer plans should be.

9 comments:

flutter said...

oh excellent work!

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Wait--seriously? Oh man.....at least the pup brought enjoyment to the residents, right?

Anonymous said...

I really believe that nursing homes should have resident cat(s) and dog(s). They are therapeutic, as you found.

Lydee said...

Adventures, adventures, you had them. Sounds like liza jane was well loved though.

sunshine said...

How did the Aunt like Liza Jane??

LillyB said...

We have to take the same items when we travel with Zeeba...he has his own bye-bye bag. One time when we went to visit my mom on trip number 3 or 4 inside she asked what we were going to do when we have kids...I said either Zeeba will be house trained by then or dead...he's only gotten sick in the car once...same with my mom's dog...so maybe that was Liza's time and she's done now

Kim said...

Maybe you should just travel naked? I cracked up trying to picture your DH cleanign your pants with a squeegee! I'm with Kmkat: nursing homes should have resident pets.

Haley said...

both of my dogs used to get carsick as puppies, but they both grew out of it. now they travel from ohio to virginia (about 8 hours) without blinking an eye. when zoe was a puppy i had an hour long drive to my parents' house. she would sit in my lap and drool for the first forty-five to fifty minutes and then just as we were almost there, she would throw up. but like i said, she outgrew it. sorry to hear about your pants.

Yarnhog said...

I had a dog who puked every single time we got in a car or plane--and I was a diplomat at the time, and traveling (with him) constantly. First he would start to shiver, then drool, and then...

He never got over it. Even with heavy tranquilizers. He actually got worse as he got older.

May you have much, much better luck.