Monday, November 19, 2007

Abbreviations- and a recap

It's no surprise to any of you bloggers what a little anxiety does for blogging quality. In an effort to make the most of this Thanksgiving break, it's an Abbreviated Update Of Life As I Know It. (AUOLAIKI)

On The Knitting Front- (KF)

I haven't tried it on yet, but I am of the belief that the malabrigo/wicked combination has the potential to be my most favorite FO ever- when it's done. This picture doesn't look much different from the last but the sleeves have been removed and there are about 4 inches of mindless knitting before there's any more excitement.



New thoughts as a result of knitting Wicked-

I'm not a very good judge of patterns when I look at them on paper. My visualizing skills are continually improving.

Note to self- really LOOK at the picture instead of the cursory glance. You might just love it.

That big pile of handspun that I got at the Waynesburg Sheep and Fiber Festival has long-sleeved Wicked written all over it.

Note to self regarding stash enhancement- if you purchase it, ideas will come

As a result of 16 hours of committed "really looking" at patterns, I've found 5-10 things that I'd like to knit.

Note to self- Notes to self aren't always in your best interest.

On the Puppy Front (PF)

Things puppy can now do- go up and down stairs, get on the couch by herself,sit, give a paw, fetch a small pink bunny and find a spot. The last two are more or less when she feels like it though. She seems to have some sort of "herding" dog in her mix. When I woke up yesterday, all of her previously skewed puppy toys were in a neat pile together. We also worked on walking on a leash. For some reason when I see husband and puppy together I think Jack and the Beanstalk.



On the Get off Your Lazy Ass Front (GOYLAF)

anyone find it ironic that this abbreviation ends with "laf"?

I include this part of the post because maybe if I tell all my blog friends what I'm going to try to accomplish today, I'll actually feel accountable.

I want to:

Prepare for our household budget meeting so that I can prove to husband that we do indeed have enough moulah to buy "the house" a Playstation 3 for Christmas- as well as show off my own fiscal responsibility (an only recently acquired trait.)

Clean out the closet and remove clothes that don't fit and organize all the things that I can/will wear to school in such a way that I can "grab and go."

Find the recipe for the chicken/stuffing/gravy casserole type thing I made 10 years ago so that we might not have to go in search of an open restaurant on Thanksgiving.

Note to others on the GOYLAF- What do you do to inspire yourself to accomplish tasks such as those above? Whenever I try to pull this off I hear Chris Farley in that Saturday Night Live skit saying "Yea, that's another one of those things I'm never gonna do."

5 comments:

YawnOver said...

Squeee! Love the big man/little dog pic. We have that here, too :)

Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling the love for Wicked! Love the green. When I have to do a task like clean out a closet (or a basement, which I did 2 weeks ago), I do it when the pain of not getting it done becomes too much. Or out of pure embarassment. I cleaned out the basement after the furnace guy couldn't find his way to the furnace. He asked DH if I owned a shop and kept excess inventory in the basement.

Anonymous said...

Puppy pix! Jack and the Beanstalk. Perfect caption.

Inspiration? I usually, and no credit to Nike, just do it. I never really feel like it but it's so nice to have it done..

Anonymous said...

think I've got a crush on that puppy!

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Oh that Malabrigo-Wiced combo will be just LASS (lovely and sooo soooft)!