Monday, November 05, 2007

How many people can say...

"this year's birthday present ate last years?"

Yea, well we continue to be indoctrinated into the land of puppyville. This morning at about 10:00 I did the ritual "ear check" for the 1/4 ct diamond studs to make sure the backs were securely fastened. One was missing. I knew I felt a little unbalanced. Was it while I was donning the fleece sweatshirt? Couldn't be- that's never happened. Then I remembered the 7:00 a.m. puppy ear kisses. Puppy either has a belly worth a fortune or- more likely it's somewhere between the folds of the afghan on the bed. i'm mostly too scared to look (in either place)

fast forward 6 hours..

I pulled into the driveway relieved to see GHB's SuperSport in the driveway. Puppy's day at home wasn't so so long after all and she and husband had some bonding time. And he was home to clean up the first day mess. The look on his face told me something was wrong. What could she have possibly done in a days worth of work to buy her chow? She did nothing. Except run and play all afternoon with husband, get a bath, and then get underneath GHB's size 13 foot with her paw. We're thinking it was just bruised. She puts a little pressure on it. It's not swollen. She is not in constant pain. In fact- here she is now (a side view as I blog)



and yet I fear the ASPCA will be soon knocking at our door. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

8 comments:

cpurl17 said...

Just wait for the Holidays!! It will be loads of fun!

Anonymous said...

My friend's dog ate her daughter's earring...and the boyfriend "went in" for the earring. Dedicated boyfriend! Of course, Catie never wore the earring again...but still! Dedicated boyfriend. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Dear! Hope she's in top shape soon. No sign of the earring?

Anonymous said...

Puppy mischief! Maybe she ate the earring. As gross as it seems, you should check the puppy's poo for your lost earring! A diamond studded turd. Happy Birthday! I won't be around in blogland tomorrow to send happy wishes on the big day.

Olga said...

Its like having a kid, huh!hee hee

Anonymous said...

oh my. Hope all is well with her paw.

--Deb said...

Ah, puppies . . . they're so much work but they're SO worth it. Of course, mine never ate my jewelry! Although, Chappy chewed a hole in our kitchen wall for no apparent reason when he was a puppy, so....

And, happy birthday a day in advance!

Carrie K said...

Poor abused puppy dog! ;) I hear that diamond earring are good for smushed paws. Hopefully she's fine! They're pretty resilient.