Wednesday, November 21, 2007

12:25 and all is even better



So here's the dealio- I've decided to bribe myself into the holiday spirit by purchasing 16 skeins of my favorite yarn at the Knit Shoppe. If I start to sound "Grinchy" I must remind myself of the early Christmas present, smile and say ho ho ho.

If you stash it, the pattern will come. I'm thinking maybe the Citrus Yoke Pullover in the winter IK- another knit that I think might have to be seen first hand to be appreciated. Knit Shoppe Debbie has one in Magi and it was a magi-net to me. I'll definitely let it simmer in the stash bin, ravel it a little and reward myself with it once the Christmas break begins.

It was a good day. An uneventful knit night though someone should slap my hands when I think it's just o.k. to drink coffee at 6:00 in the evening. Even if it is German Chocolate Cake flavored coffee. yum.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tihnk you are on to something! Perhaps I shouls treat myself to a present everyday until xmas to keep myself in good spirits.
Like a grown up advent calendar.

Anonymous said...

Clearly spelling is not something I am good at 7 in the morning.

Diane said...

ooooooo alpaca. I've fallen in love with alpaca so I'm drooling looking at yours.

Olga said...

It seems wrong to flavor coffee after cake.....the two ought to be enjoyed seperate not mixed up together, it cheats your mouth from the 'cake' texture.

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Wow--bribing YOURSELF?? I love it.

Anonymous said...

That sweater would be lovely int he green Alpaca. Reward yourself -- you deserve it. I'm hoping to reward myself on Friday at the LYS. Coffee at 6pm? I need my face slapped when I have a cup of coffee at 10:30 pm. Who do I think I am Carol & Mike Brady?

Lydee said...

chuckles! love reading your posts, they're motivating in their own way. I read your blog, and then went outside and picked up the blown around trash in my yard, probably my biggest accomplishment for this entire week :)

Anonymous said...

One present for me, one for you! It's gotten me through a lot of shopping seasons.

German Chocolate flavored coffee? Hmm.

Yarnhog said...

Yum! The alpaca, not the coffee. Okay, the coffee, too. I am helpless in the face of alpaca. I can't wait to see what you do with it.

Faith said...

Strangely enough, that yarn is the exact color of the Grinch. Hm.

Faith said...

Oh! And p.s.! I've missed you!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, alpaca. Nice color. Although it IS the same tint as Mr. Grinch.

I buy my flavored coffees in the decaf version. That way I can have a coffee *treat* any time of day (or night)!

sophanne said...

The color choice is no accident- it's my bribed personality having a trick on the part that's doing the bribing.