Saturday, November 24, 2007



Can you say better living through book/yarn therapy? These arrived from Amazon (also home of the borrowed photos) I believe husband's request for a "turkish hat" is actually a tam. Some Paton's birthday wool is working it's way into Tam-City. We'll see if that is what he really meant.

As can be seen in the sidebar, there have been interesting dog-cat antics in the house. Great Laughing Fun. Stupid blogspot cropped my pictures incorrectly though. Will fix "Tam"orrow.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those first two are my go-to books for a basic pattern for ANYTHING. I love 'em. Not to slight EZ, though; she is a goddess :)

Your kitteh looks like our En Esch. Hope yours is smarter than ours...

Lydee said...

yea! Books! I love books. Definitely good therapy. Bummer I have to go back to work. I loved having my nose in a book last week. You're right, it's really hard to face this particular monday.

Anonymous said...

Excellent choices. Bibles from 2 knitting prophets! I recently bought the Ann Budd sock book. Don't have her pattern book, but it's on my "to buy" list.

Mag said...

Three excellent Basic books that every knitter should have!

Turkish hat? Like a Fez? Those are felted and molded, I think.
But the plan to Tam is much smarter. He'll look much more handsome in a tam and a whole lot less silly.

;-)

Anonymous said...

oooh new books! I have a growing xmas list of knitting books.

Good to hear that the pets are getting along.

Yarnhog said...

I have that sweater pattern book and I use it constantly. If I could only save one knitting book (and what with the wild fires, this isn't just speculation, but actual disaster planning), I would take this one. For anyone who hasn't seen it, it gives standard measurements and shaping for all different sizes and styles of sweaters for men, women, and kids, allowing the knitter to design any sweater and know it will actually fit!