Sunday, November 04, 2007

commands...

So I've really taken to the "hurry up" and "pick a spot" advice on puppy potty training. I think she's understanding it every now and then only sometimes is it hard for me to hang onto the alpha voice.

Hopefully most of you have seen the Will Ferrell/Pearl clip about the rent. I'm seriously considering using "You Pay Now!" as the "hurry up"-"pick a spot" command. I can pull that one off in the alpha voice, it cracks me up in my head, and it's a little bit accurate- if not perfect.

And I finished a sleeve on the Blue Rowan Big Wool Sweater-one more sleeve to go- it should be ready for next weekend's trip to NYC! woo.hoo. (just in case the blog police are checking for knitting content)

4 comments:

Jenn said...

When my parents' dogs were puppies, one of them would not pick a spot for anything. They would stay outside with her for an hour, think that she just didn't need to go, took her back inside...where she would promptly explode all over the place. Then they would do the "bad dog!" routine and she would just cock her head and look at them, like "Who? Me? Surely you don't mean me." It took her months to get it. Meanwhile, the other one took like, 2 weeks. Then the housebroken one would tattle on the non-housebroken one. Fun!

Anonymous said...

"You pay now!" would be hilarious. Good luck! Our older dog, acquired as an adult, never did learn the lesson. Of course, we were novice dog owners and didn't know there was such a lesson to be learned. We did notice that when we walked her, she would never pee until we had turned around to go home; unfortunately, it didn't work unless we had already gone a decent distance, say, 10 blocks.

YawnOver said...

Frisky likes to sniff around for, oh, 15 minutes or so before he'll pee. I think he trained us. Hey, where are all the cute new puppy pictures? ;)

Anonymous said...

I love that Will Ferrell/Pearl clip! So you're coming to NYC! When? I work in NYC downtown near Seaport Yarn. I have been know to take the subway to Pearl Soho too. Maybe we could meet up. I'll be in Wash DC on biz from Wed through Friday.