Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Wildwood, New Jersey Part Two

Tilt-a whirl-merrygoround-The Tornado-White Shark- Aztek Helicopters-Go-Karts and the lure of the Ravens "Rice" shirt from the basketball Carnies.


The girl, the girl, the mama.

The girl and the boy

The girl and sophanne.

Favorite quote from the boy last night- "How does a war end?" I had no answer. "Badly" came to mind but I knew it wouldn't satisfy.

Favorite quote from the 5-girl last night- "I have no feeling." (I think she was saying that she couldn't feel the air conditioner in the car)

That was last night with promises of a repeat performance this evening. I mostly want to go to one of the shops and buy the Ray Rice jersey to end the strife but I realize that attachment is a wily beast and once that desire is quenched, there will be but another one.

This morning while they do the go to the beach thing, I am headed for the grocery store and the package store. When the girl has a donut for breakfast, the mama deserves a glass of cabernet in the evening.

3 comments:

JelliDonut said...

I hadn't heard "package store" in a long time. Thought you were mailing something. LOL! Yes, a glass of cabernet sounds like just what the doctor ordered.

roxie said...

Momma, and Grandma all deserve a glass of cabernet! What a glowing, golden time for you and the kids.

How does a war end? One side says "Uncle. You win" and the other side says, "We are the greatest!" and then everybody buries their dead and tries to go back to life as usual. I still love the story of "The Mouse that Roared."

Mountain Mama said...

Looks like fun!