Sunday, July 04, 2010

I *heart* Lydee

Lydee my friend in blogland AND real life posted a great idea in yesterday's comments- A Garden Journal. I so didn't want to throw those little informational tags away and was afraid I'd forget what I had going on out there- it's Brilliant.

It also coincides with my right brain desire to do some drawing- and plants don't move around much. I'm not that great at it but I love love love the way paper and lines of ink become something else. Talk about an exercise in letting go and not being perfect. I could only tolerate it for about 20 minutes- this will be a skill to practice.

I won't post these regularly- it would be a journal of a journal and that seems a little silly but here are the first two pages because I'm so excited about the idea.



7 comments:

JelliDonut said...

Your drawings are excellent. Looking forward to future journal posts--vicarious gardening AND drawing!

Cindy said...

That is so cool!

Mountain Mama said...

Really, really neat!

Becky said...

That is a really good idea. We have no idea what most of the stuff growing in our yard is, I wonder if it's too late to start one of these....

Lydee said...

that is awesome, i love the drawings! it looks really good. you go girl!

Lydee said...

p.s. i have to say, wisterias are tough little plants, i had 3 that had been run over by lawn mowers and transplanted a few times and they are happy little clams. I gave one to my MIL and it seems to be doing well.

My lemon balm is taking over it's corner of the garden. I really need to move it because it's getting huge. I love the smell though.

Have i mentioned the wvu dairy farm compost? if you go (with a pickup truck or trailer) when they're open, you can get a truckbed full of decent compost for $10. Or if you shovel it yourself (like in trash bags or whatever), it's free.

Lydee said...

oops, or maybe it's the sheep farm, whatever. just don't dig from the piles that smell, lol!