Monday, July 19, 2010

I love them nieces!



These are nieces of Mr. Sophanne- currently Target Employees but the one on the left has a music ed degree (like me.) Right now she's o.k. with staying close to home and mama and sis and living some life. The one on the right is in college. The first time I met them we were making arrangements for their father's funeral. They are a delight. Funny, brilliant, quirky, non-mainstream and quick. Love. Them.

Re: The Superhero of Horseshoe crabs. (pictures compliments of nieces). These guys wash up on the beach and sometimes get flipped over. If their karma is good, the tide carries them back out before the seagulls find them. (They can't flip themselves back) Here you see the before and after pics- one little shove with a croc on my foot sent them on their way.



Just imagine one of those little tentacles squirming around most unexpectedly.



Given last summer's fascination with hermit crabs at the sound, I can only imagine the delight in store for next week when Grandchildren of Mr. Sophanne arrive!

8 comments:

Cindy said...

I loves young'uns with a sense of humor!!! That is one butt-ugly crab;P

Anonymous said...

Seems like an evolutionary mishap. So much armour on one side and none on the other.
Happy beaching! Always funner with little explorers.

JelliDonut said...

Sure would like to see music back in schools as a part of the regular curriculum. People like your niece deserve to be able to practice their chosen profession and music enhances learning in all subjects.

That crab is awesome!

roxie said...

Your nieces are beautiful and funny - a devisatating combination. Love the photo!

And the horseshoe crab - a fossil that won't lie down and give up. If one of those leggy thingies kicked unexpectedly at me, I'd flinch pretty good, too.

Yarnhog said...

I saw my first--and only--horseshoe crab a few years ago on a beach in South Carolina. I couldn't figure out what the heck it was and stopped some guy walking on the beach to ask. He looked at me like I was crazy. We don't have them on the west coast. Really, really creepy looking things.

Anonymous said...

It's seeing pics like that, that make me so glad I don't eat seafood. So very glad...ick ick ick.

Linda Sue said...

Yup Mr. Rodgers only speaks the truth- I do remember that song especially for you- special you! Mr. Rodger's was the man!!!

Anonymous said...

"Funny, brilliant, quirky, non-mainstream and quick." They sound PERFECT! Can I introduce them to #1 Son, who really, really needs a girlfriend (in his mother's opinion)?