Tuesday, June 29, 2010

What's summer..

without a trip to the flea market?

Me and the girl (LizaJane) took a walk to the fairgrounds for the Tuesday morning flea market. It's the first weather day in a while that I could not come up with an excuse not to go. I slipped a ten in my pocket just in case I saw glass mixing bowls or one of those woks that you put over a stove burner. I found instead a cake plate for $5. I think I'll hide it until the next cake. No sense advertising kitchen clutter.

The red STR traveling woman shawlette is now in the happy hands of Gardeningneighbor-plant sharing-Marilyn. She belongs to the Red Hat Society and "oh won't those women be jealous." She even brought out one of the outfits that she planned on wearing it with to show me. She also suggested that GardeningneighborEllen might be a tad jealous of it and I agreed. Today I'll wind the sweetpea socks that rock yarn and whip up another traveling woman. Ellen looks good in black an white.

Yarnhog kindly returned the book that accidentally found its way to her house and included one of her duplicate purchases. It's definitely a read that I'll be interested in and would not have purchased for myself. There are advantages to forgetfulness.



I can't bring myself to get out the spinning wheel (though today would be the perfect day.) The last time I used it was with relative success but I think I was traumatized early on by the flywheel perpetually flying across the living room floor. It's the only feeling I can remember when I think of spinning.

No clever recap here- just another day in the summer.

2 comments:

JelliDonut said...

You have some very lucky neighbors!

Sunshine said...

Great deal on the cake plate!! How could Mr. Sophanne think that was kitchen clutter?