Monday, June 14, 2010

I have no title- it's just a mishmash

Summer vacation is in full swing. Today I went to school. Heh heh. A beloved custodian was secretly retiring (or attempting to keep it secret) and I was recruited (gladly) to deliver KFC and a DQ cake. Work would be so much easier if it only involved eating lunch with your friends daily. It's what I miss most in the summer.

I've made dinner once. (Spanish Rice with Chicken) It tasted good but then Mr. Sophanne requested some Hamburger Helper this week. He won't eat macaroni and cheese because it reminds him what it was like to be poor but he's all in favor of Hamburger Helper. I've been reading Kristen's blog about responsible eating. Living in southwestern PA (and being too chicken to drive much to Pittsburgh) makes really difficult to make any big changes but I have been thinking about the ingredients in my food. I'm pretty sure hamburger helper doesn't make the grade (is there in fact a more "natural ingredient" way to make hamburger helper?) I'll serve some freshly steamed vegetables with it.

I've been to the gym 2 days (not counting the weekend heh heh) in a row and walked 2.75 miles each time. According to the counter on the treadmill that should negate the calories in part of one of the Hostess apple pies that always seem to be tempting me. (the words on those pies are too small- I can't know the ingredients- I'll assume they're all very healthy.)

I finished the Traveling Woman shawl making it 5 down and 5 to go. I'm one skein of Elsbeth Lavold Silky wool into a second Brandywine. I love that pattern.



I mailed what I thought was "Knitted Lace of Estonia" to Yarnhog only to find it on the dining room table when I returned from the post office. I am such a dork.

And while perusing the estate this evening, we found this abandoned piece of architecture- apparently it's a Mr. Sophanne wishing nest





Extra Life and Monkeys- a dream come true.

I don't know what will happen tomorrow- who does? - so I'll plan to do what I end up doing. I'm not sure about the blog template change but I'll try it out for a few days.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the blog template, looks like Liza is watching the birds. I'm going to send you my mac n cheese recipe and mr. sophanne will not be feeling poor eating it.

Lydee said...

like the new template, love the vacation and the DQ cake is pretty awesome too. sounds like a good start to the summer.

steamed veggies sounds like a good compromise on hamburger helper.

so if you didn't mail the knitted lace of estonia to yarnhog, what exactly did you mail? lol.
:-)

Cindy said...

I like the new template...at least for summer. I love your Brandywine. I'll bet the internet has all kinds of substitutes for Hamburger Helper. And, isn't summer vacation for doing whatever you end up doing????

Sunshine said...

I like the change in template!! Everything needs a change now and then!!

Anonymous said...

Also thank you for posting a link to my blog.

Anonymous said...

Ok girl...first I like the new layout. Second you don't have to go to Pittsburgh..emailing you the info...

Yarnhog said...

Hey, hey, hey! Don't be messin' with my chi here! The new blog template totally threw me. ;)

Oh, and what you actually sent (for the edification of the blog peeps) was "Traditional Knitted Lace Shawls"--which gave me a great laugh. I'll be mailing it back to you.

Jenn said...

I *love* the new template. :) And I wish somebody would bring me a DQ cake!